Customize taxes based on product and license type
This is particularly useful for leaving tax off separate sample SKUs and non-cannabis items!
For Example: CA Excise Tax
- Go to Settings > Customize Distru > Taxes
- Click the little pencil icon next to CA Excise Tax
- This will open the Edit Tax Form....
- On the Tax Tags field create a new tag called 'cannabis'
- Also, check the boxes for Dispensary, Delivery and Retail
- Click Update Tax
- When creating new cannabis products (and for all existing ones):
- Type 'cannabis' in the, Product Tag field on the Edit Product Form
- Leave it off any non-cannabis items like batteries, accessories and apparel
- Placing the cannabis tax tag on all cannabis items will ensure the excise tax is only applied to those items.
- When making new companies (and for existing companies):
- Specify a Category that matches any of the boxes you checked
on the Edit Tax Form.
- New sales orders created for companies in those categories will auto-populate with the excise tax at the bottom.
- This will ensure it's always applied when it's required, while the tax tag ensures it's only applied to 'cannabis' products! 😃