Welcome to the Distru Changelog!
Reminder: Always refresh the browser window when the blue banner appears! 😅
For the best experience, we recommend using Chrome.
2020-11-16: Contacts and Tasks now have resizeable columns [updated]
- Now in addition to the Packages table, the Contacts and Tasks tables also have adjustable column widths!
2020-11-11: Unmatching of Sales Orders from Metrc Transfers is now supported in most cases
- You can now unmatch a Sales Order from its Metrc Transfer at any time, even if it has been accepted by the recipient.
- The only case in which you will not be able to unmatch is if the transfer recipient has accepted some or all packages in the transfer, and then has sent one or more of those accepted packages back in a Return Transfer.
2020-11-03: Improved Workflow for Importing Internal Transfers as Stock Transfers
- For accounts with multiple licenses in Distru, easily Import Internal Transfer as a Stock Transfer
- You will still be able to import them as Sales Orders and Purchase Orders if desired
2020-10-20: Repackage Any Product Category V2 [updated]
- Metrc's "Use Same Item" function is now available in Assemblies and while creating a Test Sample
- You will be able to create packages for products even if your license cannot create the Metrc Item
2020-10-19: Packages have an editable Description field [added]
- Edit from the Packages table by clicking in the blank space
- Description can also be edited at any time from the Package's details page
2020-10-19: Download a ZIP Folder of COAs [added]
- You can now choose to download a ZIP Folder containing separate PDF files of each COA associated with a Sales Order or Invoices
2020-10-07: Utilize Sales Order Statuses on Metrc-synced Sales Orders [added]
- Matched Metrc Sales Orders can be Processing, Ready to Ship, Delivering, Delivered or Completed
- Not-yet-matched Metrc Sales Orders can be Pending, Processing, Ready to Ship or Canceled
- Set a default status that Sales Orders should be set to when they become matched with their Metrc Transfers (Settings > Company Settings)
- New column in the Sales Order table called Metrc Transfer which displays the Metrc Manifest number of the transfer matched to the Sales Order
- New Filter for the Sales Orders table that allows users to filter Sales Orders by whether they are matched to a transfer or not
- When all packages in a transfer have been rejected in Metrc, users can unmatch the Sales Order from the transfer to change its status to Canceled
- Setting a Sales Order to Canceled will return all inventory on the order to Available
2020-10-07: Oklahoma-specific license types added to Oklahoma accounts [added]
2020-10-06: Repackage Any Product Category V1 [added]
- Inline repackaging and split package now support packages with Metrc item categories not accessible to your license (Use Same Item checkbox in Metrc)
- Use Inline Repackaging and Split Package to repackage products of any category
- Metrc Item will appear as an option when repackaging
- Coming Soon in V2 - Available in Assemblies and while creating Test Sample Packages
2020-09-30: Distru now supports Oregon customers and is integrated with Metrc Oregon! [added]
2020-09-29: Packages Table Rewrite [added]
- Now supports column resizing
2020-09-25: Print/Download Assemblies as Work Orders [added]
- Print or Download a PDF of your Pending or Completed assemblies as a Work Order
2020-09-21: Product Categories are editable [added]
- Use any Metrc Product Category, regardless of your license type!
- Edit a product's category at any time
- Add categories and edit names Settings > Customize Distru > Product Categories
2020-09-15: Remedy Failed Assemblies [added]
- Resolve Sync Issues without assistance from Distru!
- Retry Sync available
- Change Package Tags!
- Pick and choose which output to remove leaving the others intact
- Valid tags available for re-use after error remedy
2020-09-15: Multi-output Assemblies v1 [feature]
- This feature is currently opt-in and must be turned on at the request of an Admin user until we do a full rollout
- Contact us if you'd like us to turn it on for you!
- In this version, the input and output items must all agree in unit (g = g, lb = lb)
- Converting between compatible unit types (g -> lb.) will be coming soon, followed by BOMs and converting between incompatible unit types (g -> ea) at a later date
2020-09-14: Report page overhaul! [added]
- Clean new layout !
- Sales By User renamed to Sales Leaderboard
- OMMA Report appears for our Oklahoma Fam!
2020-09-14: Sort Products by Available and Reserved Quantities [fixed]
- Sorting by available & reserved quantity on the products table is now fixed!
2020-09-02: Repair Package Discrepancies! [added]
- Users can now repair discrepancies if they are an Admin or have the adjust product inventory permission
- This feature is available for repairing quantity and/or finished/unfinished discrepancies
- Other complex discrepancies (such as unit, transferred etc…) will still need to be performed by Distru
2020-08-28: New categories and settings for Oklahoma customers [added]
- Oklahoma cannabis operators must send in a monthly report to the Oklahoma Medical Marijuana Authority (OMMA) that contains information such as inventory on hand at beginning and end of month, cannabis purchased, sold, manufactured, grouped by cannabis categories, etc.
- The monthly report itself has not been released yet. But we have shipped the following changes related to the report:
- When a new Oklahoma account is created, we now populate it with a list of Product Categories that should appear in the report.
- Oklahoma users can create new Product Categories and configure them so that they appear in the monthly report.
- Oklahoma companies have two new settings that allow them to configure the behavior of the monthly report.
2020-08-28: Metrc categories on new California accounts [added]
- From now on, when a new CA Distru account is created, we will automatically create a Product Category for each Metrc item category.
- Once Metrc licenses are added, each Product Category will be manually mapped to their Metrc counterparts.
2020-08-26: New Product Status on Order Slip PDF [added]
- A new label on the Order Slip PDF now indicates whether an item is a sample, or has been fully or partially returned.
- When it is fully returned, we prefix the product name with
** RETURNED **,
- If it's a partial return we specify the quantity that was returned
2020-08-21: Set Default Terms & Services for Invoices [added]
- Set a default message to appear on all invoices under Terms and Services
- Go to Settings > Company > Company Settings > Invoice Settings
2020-08-21: Improvements to Transfer Template Form [added]
- Recipient license number and address auto-populate based on customer data
- Driving directions automatically filled out
- This works for any customer with license and location info up to date
2020-08-11: Introducing: Pending Assemblies [new feature]
Create Assemblies Now, Save and Complete Later!
Pendingassembly status for assemblies created but not yet completed (and not yet synced to Metrc)
Assemblingpackage status for packages with total quantity consumed by an assembly
- Available quantity from
Activepackages (even with an assembling quantity or 'partially assembled') will appear for use elsewhere in the software.
2020-08-10: Order Item Notes [added]
We just shipped the order item notes feature. It includes a "Note" field on the SO form that can be used to add custom notes per order item.
Also included on this release is a colored breakdown of the Order Slip PDF items, with the purpose of increasing its readability. We plan on doing the same change for other PDFs soon!
Two other changes worth noting that will be deployed throughout the day today:
- Option to add notes on the embedded menu (when sales rep is logged in)
- Tooltip to make it clear that this note will appear on the Order Slip, so it is potentially an external note
2020-08-07: Additional Status Columns on the Product Table [added]
- The products table and show page now has Reserved, Available and Activity Quantities (before it was just Active)!
2020-08-07: Auto-filling of package tags [added]
- The Split Package dialog and the Inline Repackaging form have a new toggle button that allows auto-filling of package tags! Simply select the first tag manually and then any subsequent tag fields will be auto-filled with the next available tag.
2020-08-06: Metrc Permissions Checker [added]
- From now on, whenever an action in Distru pushes data to Metrc (assemblies, inline repackaging, splitting packages, adjust packages, finishing or unfinishing packages, creating items, creating strains, etc), Distru will send a request to Metrc to check if the user has sufficient permissions in Metrc to perform this operation.
- If the user doesn't have permissions an error will be rendered in the form. There are two different error messages:
If the user's API key is invalid:
- You are not authorized to perform this action because your Metrc API key has expired. Please generate a new one in Metrc and paste it into your Distru settings.
If the user's API key is valid but doesn't have permissions to do the specific operation:
- You are not authorized to
<ACTION>in Metrc. Please contact your Metrc admin and try again (where
<ACTION>can be inline repackaging, splitting packages, adjust packages, etc; any action that pushes data from Distru to Metrc.
If Metrc is down or very slow, we won't be able to check if the user has permissions, so we will let all operations through. The goal of this feature is to reduce failed Metrc Activities prevent invalid keys or permissions from blocking the Metrc Activities of the entire account 😁
2020-07-29: Create Metrc Items and Strains [added]
- From Quick Create Menu, choose Create Metrc Item / Strain
- Auto push to all selected licenses in Metrc!
2020-07-22: We've added the ability to resize the columns on the Metrc Packages Table – The transfers expansion got a small makeover as well, with a tooltip that shows whether the transfers are incoming or outgoing.
2020-07-22: Admin users can now skip and unskip Metrc Transfers!
2020-07-16: Packages added to transfer templates will retain the order in Metrc when transfer is generated
- To date, when transfer templates were created from SOs, the order of the packages would be different from the order on the SO. This is now fixed so that the transfer templates retain the same order as the sales order.
2020-07-15: Request form on live menu now shows company instead of name
- To date anyone who came to the menu and checked out on the cart would have to enter a name which was confusing because it was unclear whether the user should put their own name or the company name
2020-07-14: Discontinuing an assigned package (a package that is added to a line item on an SO) will auto remove the package and alert SO owner
- When a package is discontinued or finished in Metrc, Distru now checks if the package is associated to a
processingSO, and if so Distru will automatically remove the package from the SO and send an email to the SO owner (or company admin if the SO has no owner) informing them about this event.
2020-07-12: Metrc Packages that are finished yet have a positive quantity are now treated as regular active packages
- Up till now, Distru used to incorrectly show these packages as finished, but now they are treated as active and can be used in inputs in assemblies, add them to SOs, etc.
2020-07-10: Metrc Packages that are both finished and have zero quantity are now automatically skipped for import into Distru when fetched from Metrc!
- This does not retroactively fix previous packages, so if you need this, please reach out to support through live chat and let us know so that we can trigger a data backfill for you
- If a finished zero quantity package is automatically skipped for import, and then later on you finish that package directly in Metrc, and then somehow has quantity again, we do not automatically undo the skipping. To skip, you will have to do it through the Metrc package standalone page
2020-07-01: Assign new tag to packages on SO form [added]
- From the SO form, we've added the ability to assign a new tag to an existing package using the inline repackaging form
2020-07-01: Transfer template errors now are rendered on SO page [added]
- When Distru fails to sync a transfer template to Metrc, not only we send an email to the SO owner with the error reason, but now the error also shows up in the SO page. (The screenshot shows a very generic error, but more often than not the errors will be more specific and helpful)
2020-06-29: Pagination and searching on packages import form [added]
- Easily see large number of packages
- Search for specific packages
2020-06-29: Transfer template error scenario improvements [added]
- When a transfer template fails to sync to Metrc due to a user error, the owner of the SO (or an admin if the owner is not present) will receive an email notification.
- Transfer template dialog will now show errors
2020-06-29: Create Metrc Items from Distru: V1 [added]
- Create Metrc items from the Distru's Metrc shield or assembly form
- Strain must already be created in Metrc *this will be added in Distru soon
- V2 of this feature coming soon so feedback is welcomed!
2020-06-26: Edit Matched Orders [added]
We've added the ability to edit the order item price on a Metrc Sales Order after its been matched and completed! This will eliminate the need to request assistance from support in order to un-match Sales Orders :)
2020-06-25: Excise Tax Release! [added]
- We're excited to announce new tax settings and options and updates to our Sales Order form! 😆
- Taxes are calculated after discounts and charge
- Indicate Samples directly on the Sales Order
- Easily see which line items are samples and
- Taxes will not be applied to items indicated as samples.
2020-06-24: Metrc Control Panel [added]
- You can now view all of your Metrc activity, skip packages, view transfers and more in a dedicated section of the app
See article: Metrc Control Panel
2020-06-23: Sales order item ID on Sales report [added]
sales order item idto Sales order item report CSV
2020-06-09: Preview PDFs rather than having to download them [added]
- To view them, click on the “Preview” link instead of the download link from the action menu
2020-06-09: Search manifest numbers in the import transfer form [added]
- This also fixes a bug where if the list of transfers is too long, it would crash.
- Workflows will no longer be blocked by having thousands of un-imported transfers!
2020-06-09: Distru ID is the first column of every export CSV [added]
- Distru ID is the internal ID Distru uses to identify something. This appears in the url of a page
app.distru.com/products/12345, in this case 12345 would the Distru ID. This could be useful for a few reasons:
- These fields can be used to combine and reference data to and from many sources, with an immutable field that can be relied on to link that data from different places and craft custom reports
- Engineers can benefit from quickly glancing a CSV if there were ever a bug to know exactly which item it is in the database.
- This is a guaranteed field that will be immutable meaning it will never change.
- The Distru ID in the CSV can also be used to quickly find something by pasting the ID into the URL, i.e.
app.distru.com/companies/12345making it easy to cross reference or dig deeper into something off of a CSV
- To see this in action, go to Settings > Export Data > Download a CSV and import it to a spreadsheet or database :)
2020-06-04: Delivery Date on Sales Reports [added]
Delivery dateto Sales Order History report / CSV
Delivery dateto Sales Order Item History report / CSV
2020-05-31: Due Date Bug [fixed]
- 🐛 Squashed a bug which was causing the Due date field to get wiped out when Delivery date was entered !
2020-05-29: Keyboard Support Updates [added]
- Added better keyboard support on forms for mouse-free data entry!
- Moving around with the tab key
- Using arrow keys to select from autocomplete suggestion dialogs
2020-05-14: Delivery Date Updates [fixed]
- Fixed a bug that wasn’t allowing users to sort by the
Delivery datecolumn in the Sales orders listing page
2020-05-13: Delivery Date Updates [added]
Delivery dateto Sales orders and Invoice PDFs
Due datewill calculate from
Delivery dateis not set
Delivery datefield to Live Menu Checkout Form if the order is being placed by a logged-in user (i.e. making a Sales order instead of a Request)
2020-05-11: Brand Filter on Sales Order Item History Report [added]
Brandfilter on the Sales order item history report
2020-05-06: New CSV columns [added]
Added Related Entity Customer/Vendor ID to Transaction History CSV
- This is helpful for joining this with other tables
- This is only in the CSV and not in the report
Updated Packages Export CSV with Distru status and Metrc status
- Added a column for the Distru status of the package
- Renamed the existing Status column to Metrc status for clarity
Added Metrc Production Batch Number column to Transaction History Report
Added Brand and Vendor columns to the Sales Order Item History Report
Updated Sales Orders
- Added index numbers for each line item on an SO
- Added a count of total line items in the Order items header
2020-04-29: Line item numbering on SO form [added]
- Added index numbers for each line item on an SO
- Added a count of total line items in the Order items header
2020-04-29: Updates to Delivery Date / Due Date [added]
- Delivery date was added on Sales order (see below)
- Due Date field now doesn’t just say the Net Terms, but also the date the Net Terms calculate to
2020-04-29: Updates to Transaction History Report [added]
- Added Batch number for Metrc-enabled accounts as well (already had Non-Metrc batch number)
- Added Metrc Production Batch Number column
2020-04-29: Renamed Invoice date to Purchase date on PO PDF [fixed]
- Until today the PO form showed
Purchase date, but the PDF showed
- We renamed it to
Purchase dateto make it consistent and less confusing
2020-04-29: Handled crashing with large inventory valuation reports [fixed]
- Inventory valuation reports will only load the first 500 rows
- A message now appears letting you know that you are being shown 500 rows, and if you would like to see the entire report, you can download a CSV
2020-04-27: Delivery Date Field on Sales Orders [added]
- We are adding a
Delivery Datefield to the SO form. This will modify the layout of the SO a little bit:
- Use Delivery Date to calculate Due Date: By default, the
Due Datewill still be calculated based on the
Order dateas is the case currently. However, with this feature, the user will have the option to change this setting and calculate
Due Datebased on the
Note: Once the calculation is based on
Delivery Date, that field will become a required field in the Sales order form, just like
- Delivery Date on listing & filtering: We are also adding a
Delivery Datecolumn to the Sales order listing page. The user will also be able to filter the records by
- Exporting Delivery Date: The
Delivery Datecolumn will be added to the
Orders exportCSV under Settings -> Export data.
The Delivery Date will be added to all orders moving forward. For historic orders and orders using a custom field for delivery date, the new field will have to be entered manually.
2020-04-23: Batch Number to inventory on Product details page [added]
2020-04-23: Minor quality of life improvements [added]
We are filtering out 0g packages from the package selector on the SO form because:
a You can’t assign a 0g package to a line item
b. It would make the list longer and make it more difficult to find relevant packages
c. It would crash if you selected 0g package there
Now, the list will show show active packages that have quantity >0g first followed by other packages with other statuses.
2020-04-22: New fields on Sales Order Item History Report! (CSV) [added]
- Batch Number
- Package Number
2020-04-16: Batch Numbers! [added]
- Announcing Batch Numbers throughout the platform for Metrc-Integrated Accounts! Easily add and track batch numbers, visible in many different areas! See article below:
2020-04-14: Broken Incoming Transfers! [added]
- For every broken incoming transfer, we have a timestamp of when the customer accepted the packages in Metrc.
- For every package we pull from Metrc into our cache, we have a timestamp called Last Modified.
- If there is too big of a gap between those two timestamps, we will assume that we cannot infer the quantity and the user will be asked to manually enter the quantity.
- What are 'broken incoming transfers?' Read more info in this article
2020-04-10: New Features!
- The Packages autocomplete will now show Active packages first when assigning packages to an SO
- Renamed R&D Test Results to
Test Resultacross the board
- 'Powered by Distru' no longer prints on a separate page
- Retired the elf pic from emails. He had a good run!
2020-04-04: New Feature [added]
- Invoices now show recipient and sender info including license numbers! (so long as the license number has been entered in the Company’s details)
2020-03-26: New Features and updates!
- Sort by Brand on Product Listing Page [added]
- On the Product Listing page, sorting by
Brandby clicking on it in the table header has been fixed and is now working!
- SOs + POs with line item pricing that does not match Metrc wholesale price can now be processed without being overridden or generating an error [fixed]
- Selecting/reselecting product will no longer override package wholesale price
- Users may choose to change the wholesale price if they want, no warning or prompt is given
- Existing SO line item price will not be overridden under any circumstance automatically
2020-03-25: Introducing... Inline Repackaging! [added]
- Metrc users can now assemble packages directly on a sales order
- Create packages on the fly that equal the line item quantity
2020-03-13: New Features! [added]
- Show amount paid in Purchase Order PDF
- Increased accuracy in rounding by adding more decimal places to calculation
- Changed link in Distru app from old changelog to the new one (this one!)
2020-03-12: New Features! [added]
- Users can now create a Request by clicking on the "Create" button in the Requests page (this never worked before).
- Show license number for each address in the Company details page.
- The order count modal on Sales by User report now shows additional info per SO: subtotal, tax, customer and order date.
2020-03-11: New Features! [added]
- Auto-moving of packages on internal Metrc transfers and handling of past Metrc transfers
- Prompt to send invoice and order shipment email only to users with sufficient permissions
- Prevent finishing a Distru package which has a discrepancy with Metrc
2020-03-10: Multiple Invoice Bug Fix [changed]
- fixes packages added on sales orders with multiple invoices
2020-03-05: Skipping Metrc Package Imports [changed]
- If you have a huge list of un-imported packages getting in your way, we've streamlined the skipping process. Reach out to us with a list of package imports you'd like to ignore and we can easily skip them all at one
2020-03-04: Default intake location per license [added]
- Set a default intake location for every Metrc license in Distru. An intake location is where packages which already exist in Distru will go when received on an incoming transfer. This is useful for return transfers and internal transfer (from another license of the same organization).
2020-03-03: “Default Payment Terms” on Companies CSV export [added]
- Added a column to Companies CSV export that shows default payment terms.
2020-02-27: Multi Invoice Revamp [changed]
- Several issues with multi-invoicing were spotted and corrected. To change invoice quantity you must first update the SO. You can no longer select the quantity you wish to invoice on the invoice itself. A line item must be created separately for each invoice line item, although if you assign >1 packages to a line item, they can be invoiced separately. Make sure to change the price of duplicate SO line items by at least +/- $0.001
2020-02-25 Ability to edit cost/total on Metrc-matched POs [added]
- Small improvement that allows the ability to edit the cost/total of line items associated with Metrc-matched (already completed) purchase orders.
2020-02-25 New Metrc Categories! [added]
- Metrc has released several new product categories including the long-awaited Flower (packaged eighth - each). These categories are available for immediate use in Distru.